Why the gap year?

Sooo, first things first: You may be wondering why I have elected to take a year off before the start of college. As I said in an interview for an article in our school paper:

"I had been toying with the idea of a gap year for a while, mainly because I will be seventeen instead of eighteen when entering college, but I never really thought I could actually convince myself to take one. I wished I had a year to hang out with my sister, travel the world, and, most importantly, finally learn to drive! But I also knew I was excited about beginning college. I think it really hit me when a friend of mine asked me if I was all ready for moving into my dorm on August 22nd. It just struck me that in just one summer I would be in college. And as ridiculously excited as I was and am, for some reason, I just didn't feel ready for that. I know college would be ineffably AMAZING even if I started right now, but I just think that one year to reflect, relax, and learn outside of a classroom setting would make me even more ready to avail myself of all the incredible resources afforded by a college education."

For the full text of the article, written by Victoria Flagg (aka Ginge) see this link: http://www.fhsview.com/news/2011/05/19/what-are-seniors-doing-next-year/

Comments

  1. "I will be seventeen instead of eighteen when entering college," "I just think that one year to reflect, relax, and learn outside of a classroom setting would make me even more ready to avail myself of all the incredible resources afforded by a college education." Word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!