Day 65: Let's set our alarm for never.

After waking up late this morning and reading Sonnet 65, I sat down to write about Gyaan Ghar's Diwali celebration last month and my Potter's House experience last night.

1 healthy lunch, 2 loud thirteen-year-olds, and 3 AC repairmen later, I was ready for a nap. All my body seems to want to do these days is sleep -- perhaps some of my pre-Geneva sickness still remains.

Awake again, I did some research for Vera on Motivational Interviewing. This method of counseling employs direction to invite some specific action from the client, rather than simply encouraging him to explore himself in a more general way.

Done with my "work" for the day, it was time to play! This evening, I enjoyed an excellent birthday dinner (#2) with 7 extraordinary friends. The night was rife with monstrous mosh pits, gnarly knives, and sassy scarves.


I am so honored to know each and every one of these people, and I can't wait to hang out with them all again. Rackerman, Dougie, P-Sang, Omar Bhaiya, Zane Zarafa Homsi, Iman (!), and Nizzz -- thank you for blessing my life with your existence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!