Day 123: Plenty of tears were supplied.

I arose this afternoon in time to drop Priya to a volleyball-related activity and accompany Mama and Papa on a freezing agricultural adventure in Leesburg!


In the car, I read Sonnet 123 and quite a bit of Ars Amatoria. I really enjoyed my Ovid reading of the day, as the author gave men advice on grooming which was very entertaining and not inconsistent with men's dress standards of today. I also went back and read the section of the book on Ovid's life, which is written in a very accessible and amusing manner. Rock on, Thompson!

After this, we went on some errands, including picking up my reading glasses! Unfortunately, the prescription of the lenses was incorrect, so I will be waiting another "5 to 7 business days" in anticipation of my spectacles.

Back home, I wrote a brief email to Sonya Auntie, Mama's best friend who will be moving from India to New Jersey soon! Priya and I then worked out, and I showed her my excruciating ab workout (let me know if you would like to try it out -- it's wonderfully painful).

Waiting for Priya to complete her post-workout shower, I read the first section in the Plato chapter of Durant's The Story of Philosophy -- I. The Context of Plato. I like the pace and style of the book, and look forward to delving deeper.

Having just taken my second shower of the day (I'm squeaky clean!) I'm ready for some dinner and more of the movie we started last night. It's a Bollywood film called What's Your Raashee? (What's Your Zodiac Sign?) starring one of my favorite actresses, Priyanka Chopra, in twelve different roles.



Can't wait for a Flint Hill-filled day tomorrow! Good night and happy winter-break-no-longer to many of you!

--

Song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGvfTn8W1AY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!