Divas 191: "Mumbai changes every moment."

I did not sleep a wink last night. Though I was doused in repellent, armed with a mosquito trap, and under a fan, the funny pests wouldn't leave me alone. Perhaps I dozed off at some point, but my alarm clock snarled at the unwelcome hour of 7am, and several iterations of "snooze" could not permanently avert the conundrum of having to wake up.

There's nothing that a strong cup of black tea can't fix, though! I had some breakfast and logged my treadmill time before taking a cold shower and starting my day.

I exchanged a few messages with Priya, who is competing in the three-day Shamrock Tournament this weekend. Please send good wishes her way as she gets her volleyball on!

Auntie invited me to her room for some midday chocolate and memories, showing me photo albums from the last visit of Shri Arya Wangsa of Thailand to the Gaikwads' home. My favorite was a picture of this famous monk meditating in my room!

Uncle then told me a bit more about his faith in meditation, before I read an address delivered by Mr. S.N. Goenka at the United Nations World Peace Summit in 2000. We enjoyed a late lunch before I crashed for a nap to be rested for our evening adventure.


On Monday night, Gaikwad Uncle will be hosting a program to commemorate the 100th birthday of the late Yashwantrao Chavan, Maharastra's legendary first Chief Minister. 



This cultural program and dinner will be the first of several such functions this year, and the president will be present day after tomorrow! Today, Uncle visited Gateway of India to sit in on the rehearsal and oversee the preparations. I was so jazzed to be there.








It was electrifying to be so close to this national monument, and exciting to have a behind-the-scenes view of the event. I was becoming a bit camera happy, and was even asked if I was a professional photographer!

On our way home, Uncle and I stopped for a brief brisk walk along Marine Drive -- this walking path reminds me so much of Copacobana! What a great atmosphere.


At home, I had a lovely time catching up with Sonal on the phone before dinner. I called her back from the car on the way to the airport (to receive Papa), and she interviewed me on my dream wedding (haha) for a project she is doing as she applies for Wedding Design internships.

Papa and I are home now, discussing old times with Gaikwad Uncle and Auntie. Watch me fall asleep while typing . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!