Day 334: Isn't this even a little bit good?

After World Series and the dance last night, we attended our state's last fellowship meeting for this year's convention. Our president Evan Draim did his best to drag out the meeting as much as possible, and it was "with great reluctance" that he finally dismissed us around 1 am.


This morning, I caught one last breakfast with my Latin family, with Mater Hattemer at the head of the table. I started the bus ride home by blasting way-too-loud Reggaeton as my colleagues tried to sleep, followed by a texting storm with both my varlets, who were sitting right in front of me. We stopped for lunch at McDonald's, where I ate a number of desserts that will go unnamed. Post prandium, I exchanged notes on Convention with PSang, of whom I didn't see much this week. I look forward to spending lots of quality time with my Latin sibs during these last few weeks before the countdown to college!

Back home, Priya and I gushed about Convention until we were breathless, as we do each year. I could go on and on about how proud I am of my sister, but suffice it to say that the student has surpassed the master and my little sister makes me feel wildly inadequate on a daily basis.

Said sister and I passed out in unison upon returning to our room, where Priya made some memorable comments about how comfortable our pillows are. We just got up to watch gymnastics and eat dinner before crashing again. To all a good night!

Comments

  1. It was wonderful to hear you "gushing" about Priya from the minute you sat in the car at school, Ratna, even though you looked exhausted and totally wiped out after the hectic convention week. It was equally great to hear your encore with Mama, with some interesting, new material thrown in for repeat listeners :) I guess you can now better empathize with how we talk about you the way we do!

    Welcome home, Girls!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!