Work Request #935-087356


The water pressure in Greenough is terribly low.
It makes the bathroom line notedly slow.


We stand exchanging pleasantries as one of us washes her hands,
another steps back from brushing her teeth,
we each take a turn between
getting into conversations about rushing and a cappella and archaeological evidence about death rituals of the Neolithic Era.

We stand looking at ourselves and the other in the mirror,
reflecting on our days and how we don’t quite like how we spend our nights
and I wonder if our conversations would last this long
if the water moved faster.

Maybe waiting takes some of the pressure of “everything else” off 
and so we’re not in such a rush
and perhaps I won’t email YardOps with my work request just yet.

Comments

  1. The Girl Down the HallFebruary 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM

    I love you so much you fabulous person you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally thought this was about responsible water usage but... I can respect this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!