Cajeta-Pouring and City-Exploring

Laura and I had lovely and LONG day today, starting last night with a sleepover with some of her best friends here in Mexico City, Brenda, Lorena, and Marianne. We enjoyed lots of yummy Mexican sweets and a movie which Laura and I slept through, and delicious pancakes with cajeta (like dulce de leche) this morning.


We returned to our apartment with plans to take the Turibus, Mexico City's double decker tour bus, around the city with Adriana.


After stops at Auditorio Nacional, Museo de Arte Moderno, and Monumento de la Independencia, we took a coffee break at Centro Comercial Reforma 222 for a cafecito con cajeta at Cielito Querido, Mexico's proud response to the popularity of Starbucks.


Recharged with caffeine, we caught the bus again to Zócalo, the heart of the historic center of the city. We knew we were approaching by the beautiful sunset-colored dome of the Museo de Bellas Artes.


We disembarked here and strolled around the square and down Madero Street before Adriana and I decided to climb the bell tower of the Catedral Metropolitana for a new view of the square.


We hopped back on the bus around 8:00 and headed back home, bidding the Ángel de la Independencia goodbye on our way to Polanco. I write this post as Laura giggles over the curious culinary creation she's preparing in the kitchen.


I'm doing my best to keep my spirits up after spending more than I would have liked on some questionable clothing from a nearby supermarket to replace my luggage which is most likely lost. :( Looks like dinner is ready! I'm looking forward to enjoying a rowdy Saturday night with my best girl. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!